April 13, 2009

Framed Tatted Doily

This treasured piece of tatting is elegantly displayed and enhanced in a picture frame.

Tack the doily in place on fabric with a color that matches your decor but also shows off your doily. Then accent and co-ordinate further by adding two layers of mats.

Need to change your decor colors? No problem! Just change the colors of the fabric and mat. This heirloom will be a show piece for many years. What is stored in your closet that could be beautifully displayed?

6 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

The matting for this is great! I can only cut a plain beveled mat, and that usually takes 3 or 4 tries.

Leedra said...

I have doilies my grandmother made. I use them all over the house. But have never thought about this. Might see about doing this with one of them. Thanks for the idea.

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

Elaine said...

What a nice way to display a treasured piece of needlework. Too often items like this are tucked away to preserve them, but they were made with loving care to be enjoyed. With a display like this, you can take pleasure in it every day and when you look at it you think of the person who made it. The walls in my sewing room are my favorite place to hang family needlework projects. They give me inspiration whenever I am working in my sewing room.

Montanagirl said...

You are so crafty and have such beautiful things to display. This piece is lovely.

Leedra said...

When you left the comment about liking green and white together I thought of this post of yours.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! How did I miss this one!?