November 28, 2009

Winter Quilt in the Making

Red Work in blue! Am I right? Is that the correct term?

This embroidery work was lined with white cloth so the blue thread would not show in the front from the back. The two pieces of cloth were loosely based together so they would hold their shape.

This quilt has been in the making for some time. We went shopping in October for the blue border fabric. It will be fun to see how Zella is doing. Maybe I will get another photo when it becomes a wall-hanging.

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Bluework, is what I'd call it. When I do embroidery like this I just serge two pieces of the same fabric together on all four sides and stitch through both layers. That way the thread does not show thru.

Connie said...

Thanks, Paula. I wondered if it was called Blue Work when it was all blue. So, you can label it the color of the one thread when it is all that color? Think I would like Purple Work!

Elaine said...

Whatever you call it, the work is lovely. Do take another photo when Zella has it done.

Leedra said...

Very nice....you must like purple too. I was looking at my house today and wondering if I had too much purple. But then again don't think that is possible.

Faye said...

These are soooo cute! I just love them!