The Hobbit gave me the letter D and asked me to post 10 things I love that start with this letter. If you want to play, just let me know and I'll visit your blog and give you a letter. This will be a fun way to get better acquainted, as I will come back and read what you say!
1. Daisies - will be my stand in for all flowers. I really enjoy flowers, even though my thumb is so black they sometimes have to be artificial!
2. Daughter - I have a wonderful daughter who is my best friend. Her name is Dorene! Does that count as 2 and 3?
3. Dinner out - I love it when my husband takes me out to dine. I relax and savor every bite. Ah - a delicious moment.
4. Dishes - my mother gave me a love for dishes, especially the delicate china ones, china mugs, tea cups and saucers, china teapots. Speaking of 'tea' I could list Darjeeling tea, but that is not my favorite.
5. Dainty things - I have a girlie side to me. My home is not frilly or fluffy, but I love something dainty! I love high heels and hats - oops those start with 'h'!
6. Dad - Dad is gone now, but I loved my Dad. He was a very hard working wheat farmer; had ten children and knew all about the pioneer days. He taught all of us to work hard and to be honest. At his funeral one of the grandsons said, "Grand-dad never told a lie." He lived the way he wanted us to live - he taught with his life - a dedicated, devoted, direct example.
7. Dollop of whip cream - why not! An old fashioned treat would be a dollop of whip cream on gingerbread. Does any one make gingerbread any more?
8. Deals - which save me money, or make life easier. I can dream, can't I?
9. Drama - we have had a lot of fun parties and Christmas programs. Plan a skit or drama for your next family reunion - those will be the memories you will talk about and photograph.
10. Days - I love warm, sunny days, when the sky is blue and the air is fresh; a real'country day'.
What do you love? Leave me a comment, I'll leave you a letter and we will find out!